View Single Post
Old
07-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Blueshirt13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the rangers will have plenty of room to sign all of their RFA's..........that wont be a problem unless some team offers one of them 5 million a season(which wont happen next season)...........also, i see no reason to go out and sign anyone....they have enough talent coming up through their farm system to solidify any positions that come up for the next couple of years at least in anisimov, cheraponov, byers, korpikoski, moore, sauer, potter, sanguinetti........there are players for practically every position the rangers might need.....
This is why drafting well in this day and age is so important. You have to have players coming up through your system that can step in and fill some of the holes on your roster, regardless of whether the salary cap goes up or down.

One thing to point out, at this time last year, the vast majority of the board, both Rangers fans and rivals, were commenting on how screwed we were salary cap wise and how we would not be able to sign another big name free agent atleast for the next two years. Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe we signed both Redden and Naslund this year, and managed to get Rozsival back, someone who many considered one of the top 5 FA defensemen. Additionally, we landed Zherdev and Fritsche, a top line and a 3rd/4th line forward, at the expense of a reasonably priced Tyutin and Backman, a guy who more than likely would have been buried for cap reasons in Hartford.

Sather and company know what they are doing and year in will managed the team and get the most out of the cap. Judging by this thread, not all have faith in the hired professionals that have been doing this for years and that is your right and opinion. With Cablevision owning the organization, we are one of the few teams that can spend each dollar of the cap and still run at a profit. We are also one of the few teams that can afford to bury someone making $1m+ in Hartford and looking at the past two years in Kasp and Hutchinson, they are not afraid to do it. For me personally, I just believe the organization will make the most of each cap dollar every year because no one can predict where the cap will go in the future. I trust also that they are thinking about the future with each contract signing and that is why there are a few 1 year deals always in the mix.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote