View Single Post
Old
07-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
assuming no more moves are made before camp- say for a top 6 wing and the team stays close to what we have now heres my thought.

if arty makes the team as 3rd line centerman, then the top 9 looks like this:

gomer with Z and nazy

dubi with dru and dawes- the 3D line

arty with cally and korpedo

arty making the team allows us to:

1. play dru at wing

2. keep dubi at 2nd line centerman where i think he can excel.

3. keep both those guys playing top 6 minutes

if nothing else, we will be FAST. maybe not many goals (again) but we will be exciting for sure.

thoughts?
Great post and interesting thoughts!

I think the diffrence between Dubinsky and Arty is that Dubi is much more flawed and stabby; but he got certain attributes that are outstanding at anylevel against any competeition. He is really chippy, and very slick when it comes to changing direction and stickhandling with the puck. He is very hard to catch for any D; sometimes you wonder if he himself knows in what direction he is gooing. He also got very solid playmaking skills and is quite a effective playmaker.

Its easier for someone like Dubi to find a spot in the NHL.

Anisimov's game and offense comes more from his total package. His combination of speed, size and stickhandling.

In the end Anisimov could most def become a better hockeyplayer then Dubinsky. But for a player like Ani it takes a bit longer to establish himself since he must get thoose "big" abilitys to a level where there are outstanding in the NHL. Like he must skate so well, and be so strong, that he can dominate NHL D's. That usually takes a bit longer then what it takes for a niche guy like Dubi.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote