View Single Post
Old
06-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Yes obviously Chipchura now is not equal to muller or linden, but from what i've heard Chipchura's max potential if he pans out right would make him into a similar player that muller and linden were in their primes.

Isn't that the argument though. People are saying they want a first liner not a third liner with the first round pick.

Well noone picked at 18 is a guaranteed can't miss first line player. There are players who will have the potential to develop into that first line player, but its a crapshoot nothing is guaranteed.

so what is wrong with Chipchura?? He could be a first liner just as the other players available at the time could be first liners if they develop right. The advantages to chipchura are:

a) even if he never develops that scoring touch, he still has a chance to be a good shut down centre on the third line. Can you say the same about a radulov or someone else playing on the third line if they don't develop into an NHL scorer.
b) he is a big gritty centre, something we lack on our team and on our farm team.

thats why i think he is the best pick if he is available at 18.

Remember Muller was taken 2nd overall. Now when Muller was drafted there were no europeans drafted so he was the 2nd best rated N.A. prospect. Chipchura was ranked 1st in N.A. before he got hurt midseason, which dropped his value. So they were similar ranked players heading into the draft. It would be a steal at 18 IMO and I really hope he falls.