View Single Post
Old
07-27-2008, 12:16 PM
MontrealHabitant

vCash: 500
Having a Succesful PPG career does not get your NUMBER RETIRED

IT'S OVERALL ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR THE TEAM AND THE CITY.

Koivu was the only bright spot on this team for the past 12-13 years.
Koivu is 2nd in Captaincy ? Behind Beliveau i believe ?
Currently ranked 13ths for most points, he's 32 pts away from rank 10 ( which he will reach next year)

8th on assists from what i can remember, 5 away from Maurice Richard.

and there is just so much more record standings that he will reach by the end of his career.. that and his Saku Koivu foundation and the multi million dollars machine he gave to Montreal General Hospital to cure cancer..

Along with these
Quote:
Current Fundraising Projects

The Saku Koivu Foundation, in collaboration with The Montreal General Hospital Foundation, is committed to raising $750,000 in support of Cancer & Trauma initiatives at The Montreal General Hospital of the MUHC.
Enhancement of the PET/CT

The Saku Koivu Foundation is committed to raising $300,000 for a significant enhancement to the PET/CT; the addition of a Discovery Dimension console. “The new console provides sharper image quality and reduces scan duration”, said Dr. Robert Lisbona, MUHC Chief of Medical Imaging. He also noted that it sets the stage for further enhancements of the PET/CT technology in the future.
Cancer Community Outreach

The Saku Koivu Foundation has also committed $150,000 to the creation of a Cancer Community Outreach Program which will help those most in need obtain access to cancer services by, for example, assisting with transportation costs to and from chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments.
Trauma Centre

The Saku Koivu Foundation also plans to raise $300,000 for Trauma in support of the important future mission of The Montreal General Hospital as a Level I Trauma Centre, specifically the Injury Prevention Initiative and the Trauma Special Care Unit.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote