Thread: O/T Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Have you read 'Tell No One'? Isn't it a bit unusual for an American bestselling novel to get turned into a french film first? I have Coben's 'Hold Tight', which came out about 2 months ago. Funny thing is, the protag is a former Rangers prospect who played for the Wolf Pack and one game for the Rangers before becoming a surgeon. However, I think Coben's NYR research is off. Chances are, the protag would have probably played for the Binghamton Rangers rather than the Pack.
Didn't read it. Didn't even know it was based on an American novel. It's funny to think sometimes how little I know about so many things.

I read almost exclusively non-fiction books, newspapers, magazines etc. Used to read fiction but mostly sci-fi and horror. Same thing with film, actually. A lot of my fave films are documentaries, for example, most of Errol Morris' work.

Current fave American film of all-time remains Goodfellas, to me, a flawless movie. Current foreign language film of all-time is probably Umberto D. Ask me tomorrow and the answers might be quite different.

To give you another insight into my tastes, I loved the movie Happiness. After I saw it I told everyone I knew that Phillip Seymour Hoffman would one day win an Oscar.

Glad to have this break from arguing whether a player deserves 2.2 or 2.3 million.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote