Thread: Speculation: Boston Bruins making a deal...
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
The Bruins top priority is to land a top-4 puckmoving defenseman. BB_fan outlined some of Chiarelli's options here. Unloading someone like Schaefer is secondary.

Given the B's are about $1.5M from the cap, to make any deal, they'll need to move salary if they are to bring in anyone anyone of consequence.

I don't see Chiarelli adding more scoring help, not when there's a need for skill, speed and finesse on the backline. As Modo said the B's have Bergeron coming back. Plus, a potentially renewed Ryder combined with improved secondary scoring via continued development from Krejci, Kessel and Lucic should give the B's a more balanced attack.
I think moving someone like Schaefer is key though, even if the return is pretty much nothing. Just for the mere fact that they are only about 1.5 mill from the cap, and the log jam of forwards that could be filling his role at the moment.

I think they need to open a couple of slots up at forward for the kids and create some more cap room, especially if they can acquire any type of impact defensemen via trade. (witch would hopefully make any two of Ferrence, Hnidy or Alberts pretty much expendable)

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote