View Single Post
Old
06-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
Everyone has to bear in mind that alot of (if not most) players will not come to the Rangers because we really don't have a shot at anything next year, and possibly the season after it. That said, here's my list of players who may or may not want to come to the NYR but I'd like to have 'em:

Barnaby: Not sure how well he and Holik will get along plus all of Barney's friends will be gone (Mess, Lindros, Simon).
Rucinsky: Primarily to play with Jagr on the top line so we can put together a somewhat decent first line. Rumor has it that Rosie wants to play in the Czech Extraliga next season, but maybe getting to play with Jagr will give him an incentive to come back.
Nylander: This one is probably less realistic since Nylander has an impressive playoffs for the Bs, but prior to that I was hoping the Rangers would take a run at him to center a top line with Jagr and Rucinsky. Why? Quite frankly we have NO prospects even close to warranting top line minutes save Balej who I think right now would be much better suited on the second unit. Prucha (and possibly Olesz) have been tossed around as possibilities to play with Jagr, but neither is NHL-ready IMO, certainly not first-line ready. The key to rebuilding is to remember not to rush players, they need to develop.
Matvichuk: Had a less than stellar year with the Stars that his stock is very low at the moment and considering how injuries have affected his play over the past two years I figure he may not receive alot of offers over the summer. We absolutely need a vet presence on D besides Poti and Kaspar. I think getting someone like Sean Hill is just a pipe dream as teams like the Leafs will be waiting to snatch him up. Maybe Matvichuk will fall through the cracks.

That's my list, kids can fill up all the other spots, but only the right kids. Rushing young players will more often than not hinder their development and even rebuilding teams need to bring in some vets to at least make the club somewhat competitive.