Thread: Rumor: Knuble to Columbus
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
Well...I think you guys gave into the artificial value spike of Umberger and then gave him a pretty hefty salary...I know Columbus is always looking for centers, but I don't think Umberger is the answer...I didn't really like that deal, I think that trade + contract are not in Columbus' best interest...

I'm a big Fedor Tyutin fan, but there's no reason to trade Z after he finally started to get it...he has some of the best offensive talent in the league, Tyutin is a second-pairing defensive defenseman, I think Z is a top line scoring winger...Backman is more or less useless...

And then you're banking on Gilbert Brule being a bust in that Torres deal...I know Brule hasn't been too hot, but he's only 21 and if he gets half as good as his hype, a borderline 2nd/3rd liner in Torres isn't gonna look like a good return...I don't blame ya for taking a chance there, assuming Brule doesn't pan out, but it's a pretty risky move, IMO...

And then this deal would make 4 (I won't talk about the Lindstrom deal because that's small change) that you guys come up on the short end on, or at least potentially...but I mean, obviously, just my opinion, but I don't really believe Columbus, organizationally speaking, is benefitting too terribly much from these moves...and Hejda + pick for Knuble would just be pouring salt in the wounds...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote