View Single Post
Old
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
I understand the argument about people wanting to keep the L/R shots balanced correctly between pairings, but what about offensive vs. defensive capabilities?

As I see it, Redden & Rozsival are both primarily offensive defensemen (though Redden is a good two-way guy, his best asset is his first pass), and Staal & Girardi are both defensive defensemen.

Does it really make sense to pair our two best offensive defensemen together on the 1st pair, and then our two best defensive defensemen together on the 2nd pair? That limits all the offensive abilities to the 1st pair while making them a liability in their own zone, and does the exact opposite to the 2nd pair.

Something tells me it's going to be Redden on the 1st pair, Rozsival on the 2nd, then Staal & Girardi split between the other two slots depending on who they play better with.
it's not just the way they shoot, it's their positions. no one would vote Jaromir Jagr as a left wing, I don't know why people are voting Wade Redden as a right defenseman.

besides, Staal-Rozsival, Redden-Girardi still acheives the balance you desire.