View Single Post
Old
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
AD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I was on vacation, now I'm back at work with a half dozen "urgent" projects to handle.
I hear ya.

I just came back from vacation.. to colleagues who are about to leave for theirs and who are happily dumping their workload on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I like Koivu but I think he needs to have a big season next year. If we sign Sundin, Koivu should be used in a 3rd line center, shutdown role.....that's where he would help the team the most based on his play last season.
His offensive game was nowhere to be seen all last season. He couldn't do anything with the puck, he couldn't carry the puck into the zone and setup goals and he didn't score on many of his chances. I seen last year as a huge disappointment for Koivu and if he doesn't turn it around.....it might be time to part ways with him....IMO.

I want a leader who is going to lead by his play on the ice. I don't care how good he may or may not be in the dressing room....I want someone who will go out and play hard every game and put points on the board because thats what a good leader is supposed to do. Thats what Sundin always done in Toronto. If the team was struggling and not scoring goals....Sundin always took it upon himself to put the puck in the net and lead the team with his play on the ice. Koivu has done it before....but not as often as a good leader should.
the Idea of playing koivu on a shutdown line really scares me, he has to play on the second line. If anything, plek is going to end up on the 3rd line if sundin comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Kovalev also needs to stop taking minor penalties. If i remember correctly, he was only a few behind Koivu in this respect.
yeah its true, koivu with 93 pim and kovy with 70. I think both of them have to work on this...

but last year, how many times has koivu been called for hooking in the offensive end... I recall at least 5-6 minors when we were on the pp.

Don't let this thread die!!

It stands for everything non-sundin!!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-31-2008 at 02:25 PM.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote