View Single Post
Old
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
As I said, I'd prefer keep the Nedved dice off the table all together.
Me too....

I'm surprised at how many people are ok with this. Even if Nedved makes the team out of camp (much the way tikkanen did a few years back when he was way over the hill) it doesn't mean anything.....

my fear is nedved does enough to make the team and JUST enough to keep his roster spot thus blocking a younger player that is earning a shot in Hartford......

Nedved isn't a warrior as some have called him...He's not a third line center.....He was bad two years ago in the league, does anybody think he's suddenly found the fountain of youth? Somehow he's going to be an upgrade over one of the centers already here?

all summer long it's been preached how the "culture" of the team has changed (the old messier cliche) and now we want to go back to one of the players that were around during the "dark times." huh? maybe it's just me but i don't get it...

but lets welcome it because there is no risk...sure there is a risk...the risk is he makes the team.....players don't get younger..they get older...his skills were gone two years ago.....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote