Thread: PP Units
View Single Post
Old
07-31-2008, 03:04 PM
bogans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
maybe on the second unit? i have a very strong feeling he did...
Drury did not even get a sniff of the 1st unit on that team with Sakic-Forsberg-Hejduk-Blake-Bourque taking up all of those minutes. I do believe he was on the point for the second unit, but I am not certain.

My PP units look like this:

Dawes-Gomer-Naslund
Drury-Redden

I do love Dru on the point and he should be there on the top unit. Having a guy who can carry it in off the point rather than defenseman who, outside of the insanely talented guys, just love to sit on the point and bomb, is a huge advantage. Gomer setting up Naslund and Dawes for one-timers up front could be beautiful.

Callahan-Dubi-Zherdev
Roszy-Mara

Mara deserves a shot, he has a cannon, just needs to hit the ****ing net with it. Roszy deserves a shot without needing to defer everything to Jags. I think Cally belongs on a PP unit cleaning up garbage. He will get into the high traffic areas and get to pucks. The only thing I might change here is giving one of our two garbage guys (Dubi and Cally) to the top unit. I also love having the top unit as an insane skill, keep away and fire shots type of unit, while the second unit is more of a put pucks on net and clean them up type of unit. Let Mara and Roszy fire them, Dubi and Cally clean them up and Zherdev be the creative presence on the unit who can set up Dubi in the middle waiting for pretty passes.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote