View Single Post
Old
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ya know what you should do? Cry about it some more. I'll enjoy the Cup he helped bring to NYC.

I love Gomez. I love that he makes 7+ million. And further more I love that it pisses off some of our fans so much
Neil Smith wasted the prime of Brian Leetch and Mike Richter, and despite that the two of them, or at least one for sure, will make the Hall of Fame. There is no excuse for him not being able to build around those two, as a super star defenseman and a top 4 goalie in the league are the backbones to a championship team. Instead, he threw away any and all of the young talent we had and put this organization so far back that there was no way that they were going to get anything close to another sniff at the Cup, let alone a shot at a real good season again. (minus 97, but that was a flash in the pan, sort of like an explosion of a star right before it dies)

I will forever love the 94 season, but at the same time, I will forever regret the after math that resulted because of Neil Smith.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote