View Single Post
Old
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Listen, I'm not advocating anything Petr Nedved. I'm just trying to rationalize why he would be allowed to come to camp instead of *****ing about it as if he's going to be some detriment to the other 50 players that are there. I don't know any more than you do and you don't have to agree with me. Let's hear YOUR theory if you don't.
fair enough.

my theory is this. there is no 3rd line centerman penciled in for this team as of right now. all the proven guys that could play there like dru or dubi, are better as top 6 guys rather than 3rd line checkers. the unproven guys like arty or even fritche are just that, unproven. thus, they go into camp with uncertainty. thats all reasonable.

the part i have a problem with is nedved. he offers nothing to this teams needs and in fact, what he does perhaps still have, is not suited for a 3rd line centerman on this team. therefore, his being in camp and saying " he can certainly play on our 3rd line" is in fact rediculous. as to being a detriment, perhaps not the right word, perhaps an unneccessary invitation is a better description. we have plenty of guys who can tutor and mentor our young guys already on the team. no need for nedved to help there either.

as to why hes allowed to come to camp at all, i can only speculate that its a sign of desperation on our part - that we would even consider this clown as a viable alternative and if true, i think that sends the wrong signal to our kids- who would gladly take whatever ice time nedved gets and perhaps make a play, catch an eye, do something that earns them a closer look see.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote