Old
06-15-2004, 03:31 AM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
What's wrong with my deal.

Fischer is a bit of an enigma on whether he can fulfill his potential (He won't do it playing as a 5th/6th dman in Detroit) so it is fairly difficult to gauge what his value will be if traded to a team such as Atlanta.
I agree that Datsyuk is a top point per game player. However I think that in my proposal Atlanta gives up reasonable package for him and Fischer.
Detroit will get a top ten pick, one that they haven't had in ages; Jim Slater is Atlanta's top forward prospect coming off a great season in college in which he was nominated for the Hobey; while Foster is Atlanta's 2nd best d-man prospect who is rounding his game nicely in the AHL.

I think Detroit could go for this deal if they wanted to inject some more youth into their team and possibly rebuild for the future.
what's wrong with your proposal? for starters you are taking two of detroit's brightest lights and offering nothing that can play in the nhl right now, and some stuff that could never play in the nhl. call fischer and datsyuk whatever you wish, but they are nhl players, young nhl players with unique skills for their positions and young players that *still* have tremendous upside..

you say fischer won't develop as a 5/6 dman in detroit. if chelios retires and schneider can't be retained, he's already number 3. if one of these two stays, he's number 4. at the absolute worst, he's a 5th dman for another year and would be stuck playing with either schneider, hatcher, or chelios. that isn't too bad at all.

imo, that entire package is not even close to getting datsyuk alone