View Single Post
Old
06-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
After hearing reports from his training and his Rangers apperance. I'm not convinced the kid ever wanted to be here in the first place.

He knew perfectly well, even if stood on the ice and gave Sather the finger he was gonna get his money.

I dont like Sather and it's no secret, but I dunno about Clarke running circles around him. Mr. Clarke is still using his infinite line of credit from the Flyers organization to buy himself chance after chance to finally hit one into the stands for the team.

Getting back to Umberger, my guess is he wanted to return to Pennsylvania one way or the other. You can't tell me there weren't 20 other teams in this league that offered a better chance to become a player.

Well he's laughing all the way to the bank. He hasn't played a game of hockey in over a year, he survived countless concerns about his character and work ethic {which incidently are looking more and more true} and now he's financially set for the next ten years.

As for the trade, The Rangers got a second round pick. If they liked that they saw, they got Umberger. They didn't like what they saw so they'll take the pick. We traded Martin Rucinsky folks, not Rich Nash. A second round pick is more than i thought we'd get.

Umberger....time will tell. But I will say that this signing proves two things.

A. Why the NHL is in trouble and why the NHLPA has a case to stand on.

B. Why there were so many concerns about Umberger. The kid never stopped talked out of both sides of his mouth. Anyone know if he was a poli-sci major at Ohio?

I think people are getting too caught up on where this kid was drafted instead of the fact that even before all this happened there were more than a few disappointed people with his progress {Despite the hobey baker contention}.

The Rangers were set to sign him, but something scared them off. There's more to this story than meets the eye.