Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
To me its
Plan A) Sundin
Plan B) Trade for Lang, Kozlov, Nylander, or another centre
Plan C) Chipchura or Lappy
Plan D) One of the prospects forces his way on the team... this forces Higgins to try centre if its a winger prospect, or they take the third line if its a Centre.
If moving Higgins at center is out of the question, I would totally agree with your plans. Thing is, if it's possible to trade for centermen like Lang, Kozlov, Nylander for those teams cap purposes, it may be possible to trade for just as good wingers in order to have Higgins at center.

It's extremely hard to get a centerman and most teams hesitate before giving them away, which is not the case for wingers.

Not saying we should stick with those teams but if take the Chigago or the Washington way, Chicago would probably prefer to give Havlat than Lang who's, right now, 1 of only 3 centermen signed with them. I really don't get why they would get rid of him.

Washington, it does make sense to get rid of Kozlov and I would obviously much prefer to see that than to even try Higgins at center. Washington have 7 centermen under contract. Clearly, they could let go a few guys out there. Though they have 14 players under contract so clearly some centermen will be playing the wings this year. I would love to put my hands on Chris Clark, still, Kozlov has to be the one that will be available.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote