View Single Post
Old
08-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
Any tips to help me control my anger, if anyone's has been or is the same way? I don't know what it is...i'm a nice guy to most people, but when someone gives me an attitude, or an attitude to friends or girlfriends, or just a guy who thinks he's the s*it in general, I'm quick to start arguing and shoving and fighting or giving attitude.

Take for example....today. I'm at the movies, and I get a text, it was on vibrate so no one could hear, I take it my phone quietly and text back, with my phone next to my knee. This 20 something lady, tells me to turn off my phone in a rude manner, after the movie I look at her and tell her the movie was on the screen and not near my knee. Afterwards, her 300 pound boyfriend wanting to show off, for some reason, feels it's okay to bump into me, probably thinking I was a dumb teen who woudn't do anything about it, so I get angry and kinda shove him, asking him what's his problem, obviously, since he doesn't wanna go to jail for hitting a kid, just walks away calling me a dirtbag. I know you're not suppose to let people walk over you, but my problem is I get angry too quickly.

I'm quick to throw my fists, I've been in quite a few fights in my life, and when I think about it, it's mostly been me who started them, and I've enjoyed it. I've never fought a friend, or someone I knew, it's usually been someone who gave me or friends attitude. I kinda want to start controlling myself better though in those kind of situations, any tips?
First of all you seem to have some anger management problems, which is not something totally unusual at your age.

Fighting is never the right way to act, unless you need to protect someone. And sooner and later, you will pick the wrong guy and you will end up with a few holes in your body (you would be amazed to see how many guys will used a knife as self-defense, even if it highly illegal). You will see that there is a few guys who can be a lot more crazier than you. You just need to find one of those and your life can change dramatically in a minute.

If you need to control your anger, you can try Muay Thai (which I personally did but for it wasn't for controlling my tempter). You will learn that there is a few guys who are much stronger than you and you will learn discipline with some extremely intense exercises and cardio session. It a great martial arts and I personally think it the most effective one for self-defense. Plus all that cardio session will help you to temper your aggressiveness and should give you a lot more discipline. You can try Karate but I always tough it wasn't that effective. I saw some fat dudes doing karate, I never saw a fat guy doing Muay Thai.

If it doesn't work, you can always try to seek some help from a professional. Obviously, you can't continue to act this. Either you will end up in jail for the night and you might screw your future professional career (a criminal file is never a good thing), either you will end up at the hospital or even worse....

Even the best fighters in the Mix Martials Arts will tell you that they will avoid street fights at all cost because you can't predict what will happen. Your ego doesn't worth your life.

Fighting for protecting your life or someone you care about is one thing. Fighting for your ego is a other....

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote