View Single Post
Old
08-04-2008, 03:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Baranka have had some potential -- and still does I guess.

But he is not that great, or never will be -- like he is far from a future Niklas Kronwall; and its very very tough to take the steps he needed to take with the amount of injurys he had.

Gooing to Russia is probably the best thing for him and us. The AHL is a slaughter house for D's the way the game is played down there now. Teams don't got the talent level to play even remotely a puckpossesion game. So its up and down all the time and D's are beeing hit allot and hard when you can't clutch and grab anymroe to slow down forecheckers. In a handful of years we will start seeing the AHL game beeing more like the NHL games, but as it is right now teams have invested in bigger and physical players for so long that many of the skilled guys have been lost on the way. The NHL have also sweept the AHL for "modern" type of players.
i think going to europe is the best thing for baranka, maybe it will help him stay healthy while he improves on his offensive skills. he did score a goal in preseason i believe so there is something there. he has some grit but to me i think he needs to get bigger.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote