View Single Post
Old
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
There are two kinds of bloggers. The first has something interesting to say or has connections or both. The second kind is everyone else who wants to feel like a mini-celebrity and talk about things like, for example, should Prucha be traded. This represents the vast majority.

Blogging isn't a bad thing. I've toyed with having one and even built one but never went anywhere else with it. Perhaps it is because my interests are primarily hockey and film and I already write about film. Perhaps I am too lazy.

Since I have no real connections in the hockey world, the only thing I could offer would be my often contrarian and condescending tones that I struggle to control here, mostly successfully.

There are an awful lot of blogs that offer nothing. There are an awful lot of blogs that are poorly written. The marketplace will weed the bad ones out and the good ones will rise. Even so, anyone expecting to turn a blog into a career should realize that the chances of that happening are probably only slightly better than making it to the NHL.

If you want to become a successful blogger, the two things you'd better be able to do are write creatively and intelligently, and yes, that includes good grammar.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote