View Single Post
Old
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
not a huge fan of blogging. I like the bantering back and forth (I'm one of those guys who can't keep his mouth shut (as evidenced by the massive amounts of posts to my credit) and as such, I need to engage in dialogue, as opposed to reading someone's view on something). I like blogs from Weinman, etc., since they'll tell me what the lineups were in practice, and other, hopefully fact-based, information on the Rangers. I do read Larry Brooks', and his peers' review of games - which may not be different than a blogger, although a blogger may have more insight, but in Brooks article I'm looking for quotes from members of the team, coaches, and possible notes that I may not have known - like Rozsival left the game in the second and didn't return and is day-to-day, or Shanny has a point in his last 5 games, etc.

So if you're going to blog, and you want people to read your blog, you need to include in your blog information people want to hear. Sure you may have great insight into the game - that's nice, but unfortunately everyone in hear may have great insight. Additionally, provide some of the information that I spoke about. Being able to provide quotes and other evidence (a youtube video dissecting a play, or what-have-you) helps too. The key is to differentiate yourself. As Chosen mentioned, you need to be creative and have good grammar. Assume that everyone else will have good grammar and that you'll be competing for eyeballs based on what you can provide.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote