View Single Post
Old
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhary9 View Post
Either way I go with Joe. Funny thing is that their "peak" years were the same year. And Joe outscored Forsberg. Joe scored 51g 69a 120p to Forsbergs 30g 86a 116p. Forsberg was flashier, more physical and better playmaker. Joe was the better leader and a lot better goal scorer. Both were superstars and great players.

Sometimes I think Forsberg is overrated. When people say that "in his prime he was the best player in the world" I just don't see that at all. In my opinion the best player in the world has a higher then 30g in a season for a career high.
I disagree. Scoring the most points in a given year does not indicate their peak years. Also, Goal scoring is irrelevant. Total points is what matter. A good playmaker's assists are just as good as a goal. A ham Sandwich could have scored off half the passes Forsberg passed.

Crosby only scored 36 goals and won a Hart. Thornton only scored 29, Messier 35. Bobby Clarke scored 27 and 30 in 2 of his Hart years.....

Anyways, the season they scored more points were not their best years. Scoring was much higher leaguewide in 95-96

I would say Sakic's peak year was 2000-01. He won a Hart + Pearson, was Runner up for the Art Ross, high selke finish...

Forsberg's peak year would be his Hart, Art Ross(Despite playing 7 less games than the runner up) and high Selke finish year combined with an absolutely dominant physical presence and making everyone around him better.

Its a 1A and 1B situation

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote