View Single Post
Old
08-08-2008, 09:25 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Higgins never got involved in any scrap... Hell! When Koivu got destroyed by Armstrong in 2006-2007, he just skated away like nothing ever happened.

Same thing when Sergei Kostitsyn was destroyed by Hollweg earlier this year... Gorges and Koivu were the two players jumping on Hollweg ...

Latendresse is not that shy of the traffic... He fought 4 times already, and he is always in the middle of scrap. Come on. Don't like Latendresse if you want people, but don't invent stuff on him.
I think he meant more along the lines of Latendresse isn't mean in his play. Lats hits, may fight rarely, but in the end, do you feel he's intimidating the opposition or really a dominating physical force? Not really, he lacks a certain aggressive quality when using his size. That's not really me bashing him or anything, it's the way he is, along with higgins, they just aren't gritty players.

For instance, I used to play ice hockey. On the rare occasion i'd knock someone off the puck and they'd fall i'd actually hesistate and see if they were alright. It just wasn't in me. I've told a opposing player sorry after he tried skating into me and fell. Funny part was when i played i was originally 6'4, 225 lbs and a center. The habs could use me...if they want to finish last.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote