View Single Post
Old
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Here are the answers that Shawn Roarke, the blogger for the USA hockey site gave me following the questions I send him as far as his evaluation of Kristo, Pateryn and Torp.

"Whitesnake, donít worry about the movement of Kristo from the top line to the lower lines. It is not a reflection on his play at all. The coaches just want to see how players play with other players to get a true gauge on their talents. So, they tend to try to get the wings play with different centers at times in the evaluation process to make more informed decisions. Kristo has been solid during the scrimmages I have seen, but he has not really stood out. As for making the World Junior team, there is a long road to hoe still. This is just one part of the process. But, I think it is safe to say that Kristo will have to be very good this year to crack what should be a load group at forward, especially on the right side.

As for your other questions, I donít really know much about Paterynís status. I have not seen him at all, although that does not mean he is not here. He just hasnít appeared in any games. Swedenís Torp, meanwhile, has been impressive at times on the offensive side of the puck. He has, however, had trouble handling some of the bigger American forwards when they start cycling in the attacking zone. But, a lot of the Swedish defensemen have had similar issues this week. He will definitely need to work on his physical play to have a chance to play effective hockey in North America."

http://fans.nhl.com/groups/2008_USA_...valuation_Camp
That is no bad news at alll...
Do you know if they are going to cut some players after this camp or they just wait in december and announce the team...

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote