View Single Post
Old
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
I'm sure they have Like they would be ashamed to write that stuff in any given thread here instead

Lidström. Positioning is half his game, he cuts off passinglanes, shuts down counterattacks, makes crisp passes to set his team up for that ridiculous possession game they always use. He´s always right on top of the best player on the opposing team, taking him out of the game with smarts, not physique. His main goal is to prevent the other team from scoring, he is a defender.

Sakic. How often does he shut someone down? I saw him in one playoff run, in the role, that's it. I could buy in to this invisible stuff if he was a player in John Maddens mould. Then he would be doing his job if he was unnoticeable, if at the same time, they other teams superstar also was. Sakic is a star forward, and as such he should dominate the game more like other stars the last 15 years... Lindros, Jagr, Fedorov, Bure, Forsberg.

But he didn't.

And please, continue to make your thoughts on my mental status take up 50% of the space in posts, when you reply to something I've written.

Yeah I know, you'd have to be borderline retarded to not share your opinions on everything
I guess you neglected to notice he was a Runner up for the Selke.

Sakic has ALWAYS been a great two way forward, backchecking with the best of them. Comparing him to Forsberg year by year, on average. Sakic puts up the same, if not more points, Blocks more shots, has a better faceoff percentage and has fewer giveaways + more takeaways. EVERY YEAR. This includes the year Forsberg won the Hart.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app

Sakic also *Gasp* Plays on average 2-3 minutes more a game than Forsberg EVERY YEAR, and yes, Sakic faced the other teams top Defense just as much as Forsberg, and is far more durable and reliable. Hate him all you want for being Canadian, but his style, while unnoticeable, was exceptionally effective on both ends of the ice and more consistent.

I voted for Forsberg, but the level of dung coming out of your mouth in attempts to discredit Sakic is phenominal

Last edited by Dark Shadows: 08-10-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote