View Single Post
Old
08-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton_19 View Post
I guess you neglected to notice he was a Runner up for the Selke.

Sakic has ALWAYS been a great two way forward, backchecking with the best of them. Comparing him to Forsberg year by year, on average. Sakic puts up the same, if not more points, Blocks more shots, has a better faceoff percentage and has fewer giveaways + more takeaways. EVERY YEAR. This includes the year Forsberg won the Hart.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app

Sakic also *Gasp* Plays on average 2-3 minutes more a game than Forsberg EVERY YEAR, and yes, Sakic faced the other teams top Defense just as much as Forsberg, and is far more durable and reliable. Hate him all you want for being Canadian, but his style, while unnoticeable, was exceptionally effective on both ends of the ice and more consistent.

I voted for Forsberg, but the level of dung coming out of your mouth in attempts to discredit Sakic is phenominal

You yourself said he was unnoticeable, why are we even arguing if you basically agree with me.

The selke last last 15 years have been awarded to a good 2-way player with alot of points points and a good +/-, the whole award is pathetic since it has nothing to with who the best defensive shutdown forward is. Sakic getting a nomination could just aswell happen to 50 other guys, most of the focussing alot more on defence than he ever did.

I said Sakic got the stats without visibly dominating, he was infact unnoticeable.

The best players takes over and dictate how the game is played, when they enter the rink. Sakic didn't, and you know it.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote