View Single Post
Old
08-11-2008, 03:52 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton_19 View Post
I guess you neglected to notice he was a Runner up for the Selke.

Sakic has ALWAYS been a great two way forward, backchecking with the best of them. Comparing him to Forsberg year by year, on average. Sakic puts up the same, if not more points, Blocks more shots, has a better faceoff percentage and has fewer giveaways + more takeaways. EVERY YEAR. This includes the year Forsberg won the Hart.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app

Sakic also *Gasp* Plays on average 2-3 minutes more a game than Forsberg EVERY YEAR, and yes, Sakic faced the other teams top Defense just as much as Forsberg, and is far more durable and reliable. Hate him all you want for being Canadian, but his style, while unnoticeable, was exceptionally effective on both ends of the ice and more consistent.

I voted for Forsberg, but the level of dung coming out of your mouth in attempts to discredit Sakic is phenominal
I missed the comment you quoted since like most I have Bilros on the ignore, but I couldnt help but notice he said Sakic didnt dominate games but Bure did.

Bure skated figure 8's in the neutral zone waiting for a breakout pass. On a good year maybe he gets you 60 goals while being a liability every second he's on the ice.

Sakic on a good year gets about 50 goals while playing against opposing top lines and being able to shut them down and control the game with his speed and smarts. It's strange how 7-10 years makes everyone's memory fuzzy.

Being quietly effective and winning games without getting on the highlight reel is bad unless you're Swedish.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote