View Single Post
Old
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Florida was 20th in goals-per-game. Calgary was 14th. Dion Phanuef played against such all-stars all Ethan Moreau, Ryan Kesler and James Sheppard last year, Bouwmeester was matched up with Ovechkin, Eric Staal, Ilya Kovalchuk and Vincent Lecavalier. You don't see the logic there?

Thank you for actually even bothering to mention the best players in the NW.

He just didn't deserve his nomination. I don't see why 20 goals as a rookie qualifies him as better now - he hasn't matched that since. And regardless of where his defensive game is (and he's still playing sheltered minutes), Bouwmeester is considerably better in that category.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think he did or didn't deserve, the Professional Hockey Writers Association sure did and I think I value their opinion on who deserves to be nominated slightly more than yours. In any case, Phaneuf was nominated, Bouwmeester wasn't. Why? Because Phaneuf was the better defencemen of the two.

I was just using the goals as an example to show that part of his game. His goal total has only dropped by 3 but his # of points have been climbing.

I don't see how you can be second in TOI in the league and still be playing sheltered minutes. Just because Regehr does it slightly better, doesn't mean Phaneuf can't do a hell of a job. Phaneuf plays in all situations; when the game is on the line, you can bet your money that Phaneuf is out there.

I hate to bring intangibles in here but those are something Phaneuf possesses. He is a pest, he absolutley loves getting under the skin of the oppoition and he does a great job. He's also vocal and is a leader (from what I have seen)

Last edited by Noori: 08-14-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Noori is offline   Reply With Quote