View Single Post
Old
08-14-2008, 06:17 PM
TheSchwab

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Anyone who didn't pay meticulously close attention to the Rangers last year is not going to realize that a changing of the old guard was needed.

We may be worse in the standings this year becaus of it, but an aging Jagr, Shanahan, and Straka were not going to bring us a Cup in this lifetime.

Most people will look at the stat sheet and see that we are minus Jagr, Straka, and Shanny and say we are now soft and will be a sorse team... and they may be right, but it was a move that needed to happen and makes us better in near future when we can possibly contend for a Cup.

I wish we could have kept Jagr for another year or two, I was the guy's biggest supporter... but I simply cannot be mad at Sather for letting him go, it was the right move... if not a year or so early. I'll miss Avery too, but he was not making us better in the playoffs either, and 4 years was too long.
Very well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The only spot on part of the article is when they stated the Rangers will have to win big games in April to make the playoffs.

But if THN thinks the Rangers are a worse team than they were a year ago, they are dead wrong.
Also agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Errr...what about the Pittsburgh series signified "it ain't broke"?
Touche

All in all, I acutally don't mind the Rangers being given above average ratings. Half the people on this board will have higher expectations, including myself, but that allows us to move on imo.

Last seasons team got to the same point as the previous year, yet it was deemed as somewhat of a failure by some. But in my experience in hockey as a player and fan, every team needs those years because they kinda tell you whats working and what isn't (It's like that one friend who will tell you if your being an idiot).

I'm excited about the season, and I'm even more excited when I read up on our divisional oppoents lol.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote