View Single Post
Old
08-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
people saying Forsberg benefited from sakic must not have watched Forsberg play a lot.

Forsberg has generally had worse linemates than sakic had during his career in Colorado.

When Colorado lost Kamensky and Lemiuex, Forsberg got to play with the likes of Ville Nieminen, Steve Reinprecht, Yelle for a while. He made those players look a lot better of course, especially Nieminen who was never succesfully after colorado.

Also, I have a stanley cup video at home, when they interview Hitchcock during conference finals between avs-dallas, how he wrote in the locking room that dallas must stop forsberg.

I also remember a playoffs season from ESPN NHL2NITE where Barry Melrose (yeah i know) said that he hasnt seen someone dominate the playoffs as forsberg did since gretzky played

Some People forget what kind of respect Forsberg had with him in his prime.

Sakic has the better career, but Forsberg's peak was more scary for the oposition.

I also believe that the season Forsberg won his Hart, it was not his best season. His best season was 1996-1997 when he was on a furious pace in the scoring until he suffered a serious knee injury which spoiled his season. I believe it was Todd Marchant who kneed him.
Kamensky and Lemieux played with Forsberg on the "united nations line" or the "Barrage a trois", and they were generally equal or better to linemates Sakic had.

After those two left, Sakic got Tanguay, Forsberg got Hejduk. Even Steven. Tanguay was a better playmaker and complimented Sakic, while Hejduk was a better goal scorer, complimenting Forsberg

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote