View Single Post
Old
06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
have you ever heard of a signing bonus? perhaps you may have heard of a performance bonus? philly gave him both. this is not a money issue as much as the team not liking the player. don't you think if they liked him they would have signed him. this isn't about money. get your facts straight.

it is not fotiu job to straighten out a young player. its the young players job to straighten out himself.

maybe and think about this for just a minute. maybe he didn't want to sign with the rangers. you think sather should get fired and i know i can't come up with a lot reasons why he shouldn't be. not signing umberger is not a reason to fire him. sather got a second round pick for ruchinsky. whoever would have thought we would get that much. he will probably be a superstar if he stops thinking he already is a superstar.

you seem like an expert on fotiu. name some kids that have umbergers past of being a headcase that fotiu has straightened out?
first of all Nick Fotiu is one of the toughest guys around, he will definitly get in his face no. 2 The idea is to collect good prospects as much as possible, some will fail and some will be successful, but if you dont posess the prospect he will not prosper for your organization. Give me players with talent and great coaches/motivators/teachers to develop the prospects. Umberger was the no 16 pick in a good draft. Carlo Colacavo from toronto was drafted no 17 and got max money. he is entiltled to max money. did u see his nos at Ohio state. Im happy we got the 2nd round pick but sather should have shown him some love and signed him. Even if sather didnt like him, he could package the #6 pick, Umberger, cash and something else to Pitts for the no. 2 pick(Malkin). Did Sather even think about a sign and trade. Pitt wanted Umberger but couldnt afford him, With the Rangers resources we could maybe make Malkin a Ranger. But Glen Sather is too busy playing golf to think about creative trades like i just mentioned to help the team move up.

Sather is an idiot and should be fired.