View Single Post
Old
08-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Harrison Ford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I'm not sure about Zubrus. I don't know if he changed his style much from when he was with Montreal, but he was definitely not a PF at this time. And now when I'm looking at his stats, it's not convincing at all. He doesn't hit, he doesn't fight, he doesn't take penalties and he's very average offensively. Being big and tall is just not enough.
This year was a very tough year for him. Sutter put him on the 3rd and 4th lines alot, and when he was put in a top 6 role he was pretty damn good. The constant line juggling had alot to do with his production, or lack there of.

No one on the Devils offense (besides Parise) lived up to expectations last year. So i wouldnt really look at stats. When you play with Rupp and Clarkson your not going to get alot of them. Getting to 32 points is a very good deal on the 3rd/4th line, especially with those two.

If you ask any Ranger or Devil fans, they will say he was an absolute beast in the playoffs. He showed alot of heart, and was always in the corners.

Now that we have Holik, i expect alot more of Zubrus. This gives him a chance to shine in a more offensive role with the team. He will be playing with much better linemates, so look for a much improved Dainius this year.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote