View Single Post
Old
08-16-2008, 08:37 AM
rvdnsx

vCash: 500
I am more optimistic. If the chemistry is there, I see the Rangers winning the division and challenging for top spot in the East. Here's why:

Pittsburgh - lost a lot of their depth players (mostly to Tampa Bay) but gained Satan and Fedotenko who may or may not click with Crosby and Malkin

Philadelphia - didn't really get better or worse

Montreal - Good team but also very streaky (and we know their fans need glasses when watching their games in Montreal!)

Don't forget that we got Naslund who has been a Top 10 player in the NHL for the past decade and is good defensively, Redden who honestly cannot be any worse then his last 2 years in Ottawa, and Lundqvist who should only get better and who I think will win the Vezina this year. I think we do need one more player before training camp to fill out our Top 6, either through trade or FA. We never should have signed Roszival for 5 Mil per as he is obviously a 2-3 Mil per D man. This really handcuffed us in case we actually did want to go in on Sundin. Would you rather have Rozy or Sundin? Shanny might be the answer if he reverts back to his form from 2 years ago. Chemistry is the key, with no chemistry this Ranger team will not make the playoffs so either we will be really good or horribly bad, just my 2 cents.

rvdnsx is offline   Reply With Quote