Thread: Brian Rolston?
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2004, 03:22 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I still think the Wild will resign Weimer. Gratton is an RFA and I doubt PL does not resign him.......considering whta he gave up to get him. Handzus, I seriously doubt, is going anywhere as well. Clarke covets big men.....(don't take that the wrong way ).

Anyways, Roloston/Arnott/Conroy would all be excellent fits. Brian is used to playing a second/third fiddle role, and he could step right into our rotating lines.....He excelled in Boston in this very role (He was absolutely on fire last year....) One thing that shouldbe pointed out is that his salary was awarded by arbitration......so I see him getting about the same/or less if he hits the UFA market. Arnott I still see as a guy who could easily put up 60 points, and Conroy......well we all saw what his game was about in the playoffs. He could do the dirty work for Sullivan .

I saw a post on the TR board about Mike Ricci possibly hitting the market. I would give him a long look as well. He can score, at times. Lets not forget that in 2002 he was a key component to probably the best line in the league.z

You all probably know my thoughts on Krog. I'd love to trade for him, simply because, he is exactly what we need. A center that is defensively responsible, will hit about 10/10 a year, and is excellent at faceoffs. Not to mention that he is cheap, and has decent speed. I think he would fit in perfectly as a 3rd/4th line center who took key faceoffs for us at crunch time or on the PK.

Then why don't we sign both Rolston and Krog and dump Zholtok and Arkhipov. :lol

I an all Honesty though my wish list probably goes as follows:

Rolston
Conroy
Arnott
Handzus
Krog
Belanger

And wouldn't it be nice if we had the $$$ to snag zhamnov.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 06-17-2004 at 03:27 PM.