Thread: Proposal: Van-LA
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2008, 07:39 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Yep - Bieksa put up 40 points in his first full season playing a shutdown role and last season aside (where he entered the season nursing an abdominal injury before suffering that calf injury 11 games later) he has made substantial improvements to his game every year for the last four or five years.

I don't expect he'll ever be able to anchor a shutdown pairing, but he can do virtually everything else and he can do it well (and should still improve).

Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike Jarret Stoll.. being a Canucks fan, I used to cringe when the Oilers would go on the powerplay against us - watching them feed the puck back to the point for a booming shot from Stoll. If everything goes well for him I could see him continuing to be a 50-60 point guy that plays good defense and wins a lot of draws.

That being said he suffered a pretty bad concussion and has not been the same since - if it was some freak occurrence like Bieksa's injury I wouldn't have any doubts but concussion problems scare me and diminish Stoll's long-term value in my opinion.

Anyways a guy like Moller - a prospect with nice upside, but who isn't going to be central to anyone's plans - would even things out nicely for me in terms of value.. the extra pick was just gravy, frankly.
I don't think you realize how high the Kings are on Moller.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote