Thread: Proposal: Van-LA
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Evidently not. Seeing as how he tore up the dub last year I guess he's not such a great example then - would Purcell or Lewis be better examples of middling Kings prospects then?

See, I don't like analogies like this - imho Kostitsyn has much higher value than Stoll having just broken out and having been a higher rated prospect traditionally. Pacioretty is about a similar prospect to Moller in terms of value I guess, although he might be more valuable to Montreal than Moller is to the Kings. And a third would be about the highest possible pick you could qualify as "mid round."

And anyways I don't think the bulk of Canadiens fans are too receptive to the Canucks these days, although thankfully discussion of the S word has finally started to peter out.
As Reaper stated, Purcell was AHL ROY last year, and was 3rd overall in points despite only playing in 67 games. The Kings are higher on Purcell than any other forward in the system...

Lewis had a down year last year, but I think the Org would be very reluctant to give up on him while his value is relatively low. I think they want to wait and see how he develops this coming year.

I don't think Bieska is a good fit for the Kings. We have alot of young up and coming defenseman. I think what we need right now is a veteran blueliner to help bridge us to the point at which our young defeseman can step in.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote