Old
06-17-2004, 04:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
That's not a bad way to look at it. From a slightly different point of view, Williams, Comrie, Woywitka - and you could even consider Vandermeer - are players they shipped out last year. However, they did add other young players to the system, such as Radivojevic, Eager, and now Umberger. I'd definitely take the first three over the last three, but it seems that they still maintained a good set of young players in the organization.

Furthermore, the trades last year really improved last year's team. Markov is just getting into his prime and they got some good mileage out of Zhamnov. Where would the Flyers have been without him down the stretch? That was one of the most productive deadline acquisitions Clarke has ever made. I have a much different view of Zhamnov than I did before I watched him play everyday. Anywho, I digress.
I think you're 100% correct, stanley, but you can't put Woywitka and Comrie in the same group because they were traded for each other. With the success of the season (although not the ultimate success), I can take the good with the bad.