View Single Post
Old
08-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Could be in play is the key. There's no guarantee. Saving cap space for something that more than likely will never come is a recipe for disaster, imo.

Further, struggling to succeed while you are saving cap space doesn't exactly entice players to want to join your team through free agency.

That's exactly my point. Very well said.

Anyway, if Kovalchuk becomes available, that's a move you make, and you worry about the cap ramifications afterward. I mean, do you really have any doubt that if Sather had the chance to acquire Kovalchuk, even if he is right up against the cap, that he wouldn't do it..? Of course he would, and then he'd move out salary afterward. Drury is the only guy that can't be moved at all, and he's only on the books for four more years. Naslund is a non-issue, two years at $4mil per, that's nothing. Gomez is limited to three teams he names, Redden is also limited, and I doubt Rozsival has any kind of clause. So really, what's the problem? Would you rather be "stuck in mediocrity" as you put it, or stuck in the gutter because you waited on players to become available and they never did, so you ended up with nothing at all..?

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote