View Single Post
Old
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Naslund Signing - Not my first choice, but not too bad of a result. I was surprised Jagr didn't take the deal on the table to play with a guy like Naslund on his wing, but oh well. Decent terms on the contract, the NMC seems to be putting people off though.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade - I'll wait to see how Zherdev performs before calling it 'robbery' for the Rangers. However, there is a ton of potential there and Fritsche should be a solid addition to the third line.

Redden Signing - If he returns to form, great. If not, then we're going to be hearing a lot of crap about it for the next 5 - 6 years. The terms of the deal suck if you take him for his performance last year, but if he bounces back (which I think he will) we'll be in good shape.

Jagr Leaving - I didn't want Jagr back if it meant hindering the team again. However, in hindsight it's difficult not to like a top-six of Naslund - Dubi - Jagr and Dawes - Gomez - Zherdev. He had the opportunity to come back but balked at the terms of the deal. IF he wanted to be in the NHL that badly he should have taken the 1 year offer.

Kalinin Signing - Another guy who could bounce back and be a very solid 5/6 d-man. Like the terms of the contract as well.

Avery Leaving - Liked him while he was here, but he wanted too much money and we're too tight against the cap.

Rissmiller and Voros - Voros is obviously an Avery replacement, I think Slats is trying find a diamond in the rough with him. Rissmiller should be replacing Hollweg on the 4th line and what I've seen of him on the NHL network replays, he seems to be a very solid 4th liner. I'm surprised that we offered him 1 mil though, seems very steep.

Rozsival Resigning - I guess it had to be done after Orpik took a discount to stay in Pittsburgh. Little pricey on the terms, but we could have done much worse.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote