View Single Post
Old
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Naslund Signing- Good terms, good player, just dont expect him to be the messiah. Will fit in perfectly with the new look Rangers.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade-Steal, flat out highway robbery.

Redden Signing- I absolutely LOVE IT. Allows the rest of the defense to finally slot in properly.

Jagr Leaving- Not happy, but you cant pay him the money and years he wanted.

Kalinin Signing-Good #6 defenseman, nothing more.

Avery Leaving- VERY ANGRY.

Rissmiller and Voros- Retarded signings. We have plenty of depth on the bottom 2 lines, dont need either of em to be honest.

Rozsival Resigning
I agree on all but:

-I think that Tyutin was undervalued by a lot of Rangers fans. But it was a great trade. Zherdev has so much skill and potential he and Cherepanov have the potential to be a great one-two punch in 2009-2010 and beyond.

-Don't like Redden's dollar and year amount, but as previous markets have shown, you have to overpay for your needs. And if they are good characters, then it makes it easier to swallow. And Redden is a good guy.

-I could care less that Avery left. If he loved NY so much, he would have taken the 800K pay cut. Sather did the RIGHT thing by letting him and his baggage walk.

-Rozsival signing was good.

-An underrated and deal that is often not mentioned was Mara's resigning. Mara is a very solid 3rd pair defenseman.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote