View Single Post
Old
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I didn't say it trumps anything Lubo did last season. Overall, Lubo was terrible last season. He was a turnover machine. Do you deny that? The stats tell the story there.
Lubo had a bad season....but he was still 17th overall in points (offense is still Lubo's forte). His +/- was bad....but both Blake and Johnson had worse +/- ratings. As did Dan Boyle who just got back twice as much in a trade than Lubo did. I will not deny he had a lot of turnovers. But he was far from being a terrible defenseman.

Quote:
Stoll was very good as a defensive forward and penalty killer in the Oilers' playoff run.
I will agree with that.

Quote:
Why was he a minus overall? Because he was up against the other teams top forwards all the time. That's why +/- can be a deceiving stat.
Stoll was only averaging 17 minutes/game. Most teams best forwards averaged over 20 minutes. So he was not always up against the other team's top forward. Also 6 of those 17 minutes were while on special teams. So only about 11 minutes of the game were spent at even strength. Even Oilers fans agree that Stoll is horrible at even strength.

Quote:
But hey, you go right on calling other's posts ridiculous when it's your own bias that is the only thing ridiculous around here.
My bias towards Stoll? Yes I have always hated the guy.: