Old
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's the exact type of player he was in college...which is what contradicts the original point.

The Eagles certainly run an offense that throws a lot of screen and dump-off passes, and is capable of taking advantage of Westbrook's offensive skill-set (as opposed to the offense that a team like Washington has been running the last few years), but the Eagles didn't turn him into some dual-purpose receiver. Westbrook is the exact type of player now that he was in college, the question was merely whether his game would translate to the NFL due to size. That his dynamic style of play has translated so well is more an indication of scouts not appreciating his game as a college player, not the ability of the Eagles to teach him a new skill-set.
I never said anything about him being different in college or the eagles teaching him a new skill set...at all.

All I said is that it was a surprise that out best receiver and msot used receiver was lining up in the backfield and I dont think that when they drafted him they were thinking "ok great, we got a #1 receiver". I never questioned his style of play, i simply said that he was able to become such a dominant receiver in the NFL because of the eagles style.