View Single Post
Old
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I never said anything about him being different in college or the eagles teaching him a new skill set...at all.

All I said is that it was a surprise that out best receiver and msot used receiver was lining up in the backfield and I dont think that when they drafted him they were thinking "ok great, we got a #1 receiver". I never questioned his style of play, i simply said that he was able to become such a dominant receiver in the NFL because of the eagles style.
The discussion you entered was centered on the claim that the Eagles "turned Wesbrook into" a pass-catching RB...

He's not really a "dominant" receiver...he's a good receiving back, and benefits greatly from the fact that the Eagles love to run screens. The larger point, and relevant to other discussions in this thread, is the Eagles general lack of other viable options in the passing game. They've lacked any consistent presence at the TE position (a key part of the classic West Coast offense), and outside of Owens they've filled their receiver positions with no. 2 or no. 3 receivers.

Suddenly...throwing the ball to your RB becomes more of an option in those circumstances.