View Single Post
Old
08-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Did you have a close call within the last 5 years?

Ok, I would like to ask everyone, "Did you ever have a close call with someone's skate about to cut your neck within the last 5 years?" If so, can you tell me the story.

No, this is not one of those, selling a product type of thing. It's just that in the last 30 years, I have had personal injury on the ice from other players skates and I was wondering if it was that big of a deal?

Yes, we are all skating on the ice with actual blades attached to our feet. But would you say that you were injured or cut by someone elses skates like I had?

One year, back in 1974, I was 15 years old, and I was coaching our local Mite goalie on the ice. During warm up, the kids were sliding down the rink on wet ice on their backs with their skates up in the air. Just when I turned, a 6 year old mite ran his skate across my shin and lacerated the vein that return blood up the leg.

However, things worked out and I still have my leg. But, you see kids in a pile up all of the time. I see a lot of kids, during games, run into each other and the next thing you know, half the next is in the pile.

Any thoughts?

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote