Old
08-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The discussion you entered was centered on the claim that the Eagles "turned Wesbrook into" a pass-catching RB...

He's not really a "dominant" receiver...he's a good receiving back, and benefits greatly from the fact that the Eagles love to run screens. The larger point, and relevant to other discussions in this thread, is the Eagles general lack of other viable options in the passing game. They've lacked any consistent presence at the TE position (a key part of the classic West Coast offense), and outside of Owens they've filled their receiver positions with no. 2 or no. 3 receivers.

Suddenly...throwing the ball to your RB becomes more of an option in those circumstances.
Just because I entered a discussion with one person saying he thinks the eagles made westbrook a good receiver doesnt mean I was taking any sides. I was simply pointing out that he was nto expected to dominate the way he has the last couple seasons. Yes he has dominated. You can say its the eagles system or whatever but its not like any average back could do what he has. Plus a big reason why the eagles have been going out and getting 2nd rate receivers is because they feel with westbrook they dotn need anyone exceptional. If the had a power back they would obviously be much more in need of a good receiver.