View Single Post
Old
06-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightthepower
Taking Valabik or Green would be a terrible move after I thought about it. I was looking at Valbik also earlier at this spot. However, what the heck are the chances that some big, dumb, gangly, dope, will turn out to be another Chara. He is more likely to end up Eric Cairns. Green like Valbik has good upside. Defense is the second to last priority we need on this team with our first 4 picks. We need offense, offense and more offense. You DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE A DEFENSEMAN IN OUR FIRST FOUR PICKS! I am very confident in our defensive future as is now. With Tjutin, Kondratiev, Liffiton and Beranka we have some very tough, skilled, defenseman. Lampman is very smart. Taylor, Guenin and Potter all have accomplished a lot already on the college level and Potter was huge on the WJC USA team.
Best Player Available! Best Player Available! Best Player Available! Best Player Available!

People we draft now are probably two years away from being NHL players at least. We do not know what our "needs" will be in two to three years. We don't know if Tjutin, Kondratieve, Liffiton, et al. will even emerge as consistent NHL players. That's why you draft the best player available. If we turn out to have 6 or 7 NHL-ready young defensemen and can't put them all on the roster, we have the opportunity to make trades from a position of strength to meet our needs at a later time.