View Single Post
Old
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Heat McManus

vCash: 500
As a former coach, I feel this is something worth brining up to the coach. You're not asking for preferential treatment, not more ice-time, nothing that he should bend over backwards to accommodate you and only you. It's about your son's well being and enjoyment of the game. That is a concern I feel every parent has a right to talk to their coach about.

As a coach/teacher/youth leader/boss there have been times when a situation was going on in my group that had not presented itself to me. Once made aware of it I acted on it. I felt horrible for missing it right under my nose but it happens. I'm only human and tried to learn from it the best I could.

Sometimes coaches miss things. He may be able to deal with this by talking to both of them and straightening it out, or by addressing the team and talking about what it means to be a good teammate without letting either of them know they were the catalyst for the talk. They're still young and it's a time for good and bad habits to form and be broken alike. Hopefully the coach will do the right thing.

Best of luck.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote