View Single Post
Old
08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
manny for rucinsky what a great deal that was i always thought manny can be what betts is but with more offense, too bad sather dealt him for an old has-been and a player with depression issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
what is with your obsession with 4th line players?????

especially since this thread is about Dan, who also can be what betts is with more offense....
I'll have you know that Manny was the CBJ board Man-crush winner in fall of 2005.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3830203&postcount=42

A Fritsche / Manny comparison might be somewhat valid in this case. A guy who was drafted who ends up in a roll that wasn't what was expected.

Dan does have offensive skills, they just haven't been consistent enough. One of his best assests might be contributing to the problem. His skill set and ability level make it possible for him to play in virtually any forward position from a 1st line winger (on a short term basis) to a 4th line center. He bounced all over the line-up last season. I think the bouncing around had more to do with who was out of the line-up (injuries) then necessarily anything Fritsche was doing or not doing.

Both of the last 2 seasons, he really seemed to be coming into his own just before he got injured and had to shut it down for the year. If he can show that promise and ability earlier in the year, he might stick higher up in the line-up.

Manny has turned into an excellent defensive forward with one of the best FO% in the league (59% in 07/08), that is with having taken over 1000 draws last season. Manny just needs to shoot more often but he seems very defensive minded almost to the exclusion of offense.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote