View Single Post
Old
08-22-2008, 04:25 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach - #1 Canes Fan View Post
It's nothing more than intimidation. Once he starts making good plays in a row, his confidence will build and he'll go back to his old ways.

If needed, have the coach talk to him privately, but tell the coach to tell your son explicitly the good things he's doing out there. Being taken aside to be told you're playing good will really boost his confidence
This is a great idea. Even at 21 (I'm 22 now) I've been playing hockey for 4 years, and I went into a slump. I was pushed back to the 4th line, and never given any direction by the coaching plus I was constantly being benched and never told what I was doing right or wrong, even when I would ask. It gets frustrating, I nearly quick the team twice (college roller hockey). I stuck with it and pulled myself out of a slump, but I had the same problem, I second guessed myself everytime I touched the puck. I eventually worked my way out, but by that point the entire season was done and it was the playoffs. Not a fun thing to go to at all when you look down upon yourself all season.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote