View Single Post
Old
08-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
he'll score 30+ pretty easily
Easily? 30-35 is the very most you can expect from him IMO. But I still don't see even that occurring. Super playmakers Ribeiro and Koivu couldn't get more than 30 out of Mikey, so I doubt he gets 40 with Savard like some are predicting. He declined last season much like Zednik the year before the Habs cut him and Zed never recovered (the skate to the throat is an isolated incident of course). Whatever the case, I'll be a bit stunned if he can't even crack the 20 goal mark. The Bruins are on the rise for sure, but I'll stick with my own team's talent, speed and skill for the time being.

Anyways, should be a nice, healthy rivalry developing. I hate it when in a rivalry one of the teams just sucks (as was the case from 05-07 with Boston and 98-01 for the Habs). If the Habs are going to win regular season series again, it might as well be against a good Bruins team and not a mediocre one. But maybe I'm just getting tired of first round series between the two cause I sort of want to see someone else in the opening round for a change. Gosh, we've played Boston and Carolina so often. Give me something new!

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote